Date: Sep 12, 2023
Location: Kortrijk, BE
Within our Business Unit Cinema we bring the experience of Movie Goers to the next level. We develop world leading laser based projectors, including state of the art media servers.
Product development is thriving in Barco, so we are looking to expand our team in Kortrijk with an experienced Modern C++ Embedded Software Engineer.
Maybe you’re a seasoned engineer with many years of experience under your belt. Maybe you’re a graduate, fresh out of university and looking for a great career starter.
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the skills mentioned below, you will learn. We’re looking for attitude and ability, not just proven skills.
- You develop software for the next generation of projectors and media servers in the Cinema Market.
- You use C++ 17 in a Linux environment.
- You deliver high-quality software on time through our Agile development process.
- You are part of the R&D team in Kortrijk and work closely together with our software development teams in Liège, Belgium, in Erfurt, Germany and Noida, India.
- You throw ideas, brainstorm, puzzle, and prototype with multidisciplinary teams from image processing, thermal engineering and optical engineering.
- A degree in software development would be nice, but experience rules. Tell us what you've got.
- You bring solid programming skills in Modern C++ and just as importantly, the drive to develop these further.
- You are used to working in a Linux environment.
- Embedded programming experience is a bonus.
- It would be a plus if you have some experience with Python, GNU toolchain, CMake, Qt, BitBucket and GIT.
- You use Object-oriented thinking/development.
Let’s “wow” you with:
- Working both autonomously and in team on challenging projects where you can make a difference
- A variety of inhouse trainings at our Barco University so you can continuously grow & learn as a professional
- A good work/life balance as we provide flexible working hours and teleworking
- A healthy working environment with interesting workshops, sport activities, diverse & fresh lunch/snack breaks – with our own coffee bar and restaurant in Kortrijk – and many more options as we care about your wellbeing
- The opportunity to work for an international market leader where innovation matters
- Being part of a dedicated team where initiative & can-do attitude are highly valued
- A competitive salary package including additional benefits
Life at Barco will offer you all the technical challenges you want. You will work with brilliant people, passionate about technology. And play. It will be challenging, developing, and rewarding. And a lot of fun.
At Barco, we design and develop all our software in house, so you will be able to follow your brainchild all the way from ideation to qualification, production and beyond.
So, what’s next?
Just hit the apply button! We kept your attention all the way here, so clearly, we should talk.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!