As a Data Engineer, you will be in charge of:
- Designing solutions following architecture guidelines
- Contributing to data engineering-related developments: development activities consist in building and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable solutions, as per high standard of software quality, design and testing principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Supporting continuous improvement of the services and applications. Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and defining solutions to these problems
- Delivering production ready services to users with the highest level of satisfaction
- Writing and updating technical documentations in English and making them available to the team and partners.
- Providing effective and timely communication to all relevant teams
You must have extensive experience of 3 years minimum in addition to excellent analytical skills, accuracy, and good listening and communication skills.
You must have extensive experience in the activities outlined below in addition to:
- Ability to collect information focusing on the Why.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Familiar with reliability engineering approaches (Dev/Sec/Ops, SRE, etc.) for regularly ingested data workloads
- Knowledge of data management, data engineering, and data governance
- Knowledge of data architecture, data security, protection, and privacy
- Proficient with SQL (DDL and DML)
- Experience building data pipelines and data processing systems
- Knowledge of data lake, database, and/or data warehouse architectures for analytical workloads (e.g. OLAP)
- Strong understanding of design principles, algorithms, data structures, and software engineering best practices
- Experience with modern data warehousing solutions such as Snowflake, RedShift, Databricks
Nice to have
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in Python and/or other modern languages used for batch data processing
- Experience with data ingestion, transformations (ETL/ELT), data modeling, data analysis and data mining
- NoSQL experience
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, CI/CD pipelines, and orchestrating/scheduling/maintaining data workflows (e.g. developed and/or monitored with Apache Airflow)
- Experience building data visualizations (data dashboards e.g. with PowerBI) and producing data-driven reports
- Experience supporting BI analytical and/or data science workloads in production
2 days on-side (hybrid)